Small farmers have poor seeds and lack of skills and tools, relying on the local middleman to sell their crops. They do not have access to international markets. They are not able to manage international certifications (Fair Trade, Organic), not being able to access the premium price these certifications offer. They do not have access to financial services, knowledge or information, and they can’t organise themselves for their own advantage.
allows farmers to organise themselves and provides them with access to goods and services traditionally reserved to big players while:
- Helping farmer access international markets at a higher price than selling to the local middleman.
- Increasing income of farmers through improved coffee quality programs.
- Increasing the selling price by accessing and managing international certifications (Fair Trade, Organic).
- Distributing money surplus at the end of the business year among its members.
- Preserving and improving the natural environment through organic farming.
- Enhancing participation of women and youth in programs designed to promote farming as a family business.
- Providing the community with additional services such as health or educational facilities.